Thursday, April 14, 2011

JUSTICE V.R. KRISHNA IYER - A PRAYER

JUSTICE V.R. KRISHNA IYER - A PRAYER

I wanted to express this in Malayalam. But, I am encountering problems with the transliterator. May be because I am using Windows 7. I would like someone to suggest a solution. I am not able to upload here my Malayalam text from Varamozhi. What I get is a garbled mess of English letters.

Personages like Swami (let me also call him so) are born very rarely. Kerala was fortunate to have him as a Minister - that too in a cabinet of giants the like of which no other State of the nation, why even the Centre, has ever seen.

Anecdotes of his compassion for the common man moved me to tears. Such spontaneous compassion is akin to jnaana - because only one with self-knowledge can naturally see others as oneself and love them.

It is sad that accusations like he formed a Trust in order to circumvent the Land Reform Act are still in circulation. I happened to read such an accusatory statement in the renowned Wikipedia on the web. I believe it is the duty of those who have facts in their possession to refute such allegations and hope that at least the author of this article, Shri Ravi Kuttikkad, would take it as his duty to place Swami in the right perspective in Wikipedia. Afterall, Wikepedia is subject to correction. Why are we not doing it then?

May Kerala have many noble sons like Swami. That is my only prayer. What is happening around us is abominable. Only sane persons like Swami can lead us in the right direction.

Click here for the article
-Madathil Nair, Kuwait,